The Urban Nomad Opening Freakout Music Fest
4/14-15 (Sat-Sun), 2pm ~ midnight
No 186-1, Lane 221, Fude St, Xinyi District, Taipei
Houshanpi Stn. or Xiangshan Stn., then taxi (5min), Xinyi Ganxian bus (10-15min), or walk (25min)
2018 Urban Nomad Opening Freakout
2-day outdoor music festival @ Tiger Mountain
BANDS & DJs * ART * FOOD * BEER * BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN VALLEY
日期 | DATE: 4/14-15 (六, 日 | Sat-Sun)
時間 | TIME： 2pm ~ midnight
地點 | PLACE: Tiger Mountain, No 186-1, Lane 221, Fude St, Xinyi District, Taipei
捷運 | MRT: 後山埤站 Houshanpi Stn. or 象山站 Xiangshan Station, then taxi (5min) or walk (25min)
ABOUT THE EVENT
For 2018, the Urban Nomad Opening Freakout will be held on April 14 and 15 (Sat & Sun) at Taipei’s best outdoor music venue, Tiger Mountain, a green mountain valley only a 10-minute taxi ride from Taipei 101. There will also be a warm-up party before the festival, a late-night afterparty on April 14, and more fun events. Stay tuned for details!
The lineup will consist of more than 30 bands and DJs playing on two main stages, plus amazing food, craft beer, a pop-up vinyl DJ stage, art installations and booths, circus performers and new surprises!
Major musical themes for 2018 will include 1) garage rock & neo-psychedelia, 2) funk, reggae and world music, and 3) DJs and live electronic acts playing an underground dance party inside an old Taoist Temple.
This party began in 2008 as an opening party for the Urban Nomad Film Fest, kicking off a decade of musical events inviting the best, weirdest and most outrageous underground and indie musical acts to Taiwan. Highlights include I.U.D. (feat Liz Bougatsos of Gang Gang Dance) for the Video Mindfuck Party (2011), Trippple Nippples (2012), Mop of Head (2013, 2016), Autopsy for a Drowned Shrimp (2015), Kinoco Hotel (2017), and many more. Since 2015, Urban Nomad’s opening party has grown to become its own event, an outdoor music festival that kicks off the Urban Nomad spring season — the Urban Nomad Opening Freakout!
2-day Early Bird: $950 ~ On sale: 2/27!
2-day Early Advance: $1150 ~ On sale: 3/1-3/31
2-day Advance: $1300 ~ On sale: 4/1-13
2-day Door: $1500
1-day Early Advance: $775 ~ On sale: 2/27-3/31
1-day Advance: $850 ~ On sale: 4/1-13
1-day Door: $1000
1-Day Early Bird + 4/12 Pre-Party: NT$1,100 ～ 3/7 – 3/31
2-Day Early Bird + 4/12 Pre-Party: NT$1,200 ～ starts 2/27!
2-Day Advance + 4/12 Pre-Party ～ 2/27-3/31
Buy Online：KKTix.com or at any Family Mart
購票｜HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Pay via credit card, ATM transfer, or pay cash at Family Mart. Basic instructions are as follows, or see complete English purchase instructions on the KKTix site.
1) Open the event page link
2) choose ticket type and quantity
3) login or create KKTix account
4) Choose payment method and paper ticket or e-ticket
Credit card (VISA / Master Card / JBL) -> download e-ticket with QR code, OR retrieve paper tickets at Family Mart using Famiport kiosk ($30 fee), OR have tickets mailed to your house ($50 fee, 5-7 days)
ATM -> transfer money online or transfer money at an ATM within 2 hours: then download e-ticket with QR code, OR retrieve paper tickets at Family Mart using Famiport kiosk ($30 fee), OR have tickets mailed to your house ($50 fee, 5-7 days)
Famiport -> get 8-digit confirmation code, enter code into the Famiport kiosk at Family Mart, get print-out, pay at the counter, receive paper tickets ($30 fee)
Use the Famiport kiosk at any Family Mart. Cash only. Limit 10 tickets per purchase.
1) From the main menu, choose 購票 (“Buy Tickets”) >>
2) 展演娛樂 (Exhibitions & Entertainment) >>
3) KKTix >>
4) “購票” (Buy Tickets) >>
5) agree to their terms >>
6) choose “演出” (performances) >>
7) Choose “Urban Nomad Opening Freakout” from the event options >>
7) select ticket quantity >>
8) enter your phone number >>
9) confirm the order >>
10) take print-out and pay at the counter ($30 fee, order expires in 10 minutes)
(See instruction graphic)
1. The event will be held rain or shine.
2. Once purchased tickets are non-refundable. In event of cancellation due to natural disaster or act of God, the organizers will consider a suitable refund policy.
3. Free entry for children under 12 years old or 150cm tall, if accompanied by parent.
4. Paper tickets cannot be replaced if lost or damaged. Scalping is illegal under Taiwan law.
5. For certain performances, photography or video / sound recording may not be allowed.
6. A limited number of “photographer passes” will be given to photographers wishing to shoot performances, as allowed by artists. Please contact the organizers in advance to apply for a photographer pass.
7. Outside alcohol is not allowed. However, you are allowed to bring in food and non-alcoholic drinks.
8. Drugs and other illegal substances will not be permitted.
9. The schedule and lineup are subject to change.
10. Please be respectful of others and the environment.